Top 6 Factors that Can Increase the Value of your House
January 14, 2017 Money Saving Tips No Comments
The process of buying or selling a home is not only complex but also potentially stressful. Thus, the volatility in the property market has made it more complicated. The different variables of localized property markets all come together to determine the market prices for homes. Unfortunately, most of these factors are beyond the homeowners’ and buyers control. However, this is not the end according to housing experts readysteadysell as the following factors that are likely to increase the value of your house:
- Location–Location is everything, in the property market. You may struggle to sell your home for its worth by virtue of its location. For instance, houses that are faced with the risk of flooding will be difficult to sell for its market worth because it is highly undesirable.
On the contrary, homes that are not subject to any risks are likely to attract a premium. Other issues that are related to location include crime rates, proximity to schools and the name of the road among others.
- Kerb appeal – The first impression is another indispensable feature in the property market and correct staging is important. It determines to a large extent whether prospective buyers will make a decision on purchasing the property or not. Therefore, you will do well to ensure that the windows, fascias, gardens and doors are in perfect state and attractively finished to put potential buyers in a positive frame of mind as they go over the threshold of your home.
- Size and shape of the house–Generally, most buyers prefer a property with traditional layouts and a lot of space. Therefore, it follows that homes that are built on large plots with plenty of space are likely to attract a premium. On the other hand, if your home is oddly shaped, this can be a turn-off for buyers hence may even fetch far much less than other properties within the same location. Although, do not try to determine your home value based on your own calculations, and instead have it done professionally by firms like Finlay brewer or similar others proficient in the field. That way you will have a clear idea of where you stand in the real estate market and what you can do to increase your home value.
- Availability of more bedrooms or room extension – Homes with three or four bedrooms tend to have a high demand because they appeal to large sized families. This is why it is advisable to consider converting some of the rooms into a bedroom when you think of selling your home. If you cannot create an extra bedroom then you will do well to consider extending a room to gain value.
- An impressive kitchen –A new and modern kitchen is definitely a plus for you and will add value. This is because the kitchen is the heart of the home where people gather to eat and socialize. Homes that have a spacious kitchen that is well designed will give your home a competitive edge over other homes within the area, hence can fetch a tidy sum.
- Improved garden spaceFeatures like a well-maintained lawn, beautiful landscaping, and vibrant flower beds can enhance curb appeal and create an inviting outdoor atmosphere. In a similar vein, adding extensions to your garden space can also increase your property value. Features like a summerhouse, conservatory, or outdoor kitchen create additional functional spaces for relaxation, entertainment, and dining. Potential buyers are often attracted to homes that offer versatile outdoor spaces, allowing them to enjoy nature and entertain guests. Investing in well-designed garden extensions can be a wise decision to increase the value of your property and appeal to a wider range of potential buyers.
- Storage space –If your home has adequate storage space, this alone can form grounds for attracting high returns during a sale. It is no doubt that families can amass so many possessions over time that will require they move into a bigger home to accommodate everyone. In this case, your house can attract a higher premium if it has adequate storage space.
Latest posts by info (see all)
- What Do You Need to Open a Checking Account? - May 9, 2022
- What Stocks to Buy Tomorrow - September 14, 2021
- How to Invest in Tesla Stock - September 7, 2021